Sunday, March 20, 2011

It's been busy around here! Here's a recap:

Monday:
I worked regular day, then my SIL started the labor process. We all thought the baby would be surely be born SOMETIME that day, but alas, God had other plans. After being there for most of the day, I went home at 11:30 pm to wait on the couch for the call. Not much sleep was had.

Tuesday:
The morning came and still no baby. I stopped by to check in on things and since her status hadn't changed much, I decided to go to work. At around 1:00 pm, my other SIL called saying things were progressing and to get there as soon as I could. Finally at 2:30 pm my amazing sister-in-law gave birth to a whopping 11lbs, 23 3/4" strapping boy, Asaph Leighton. He's quite a cutie.
As a side note, he makes me an aunt for the 21st time! :)
Then I came home and made this. Pretty good if I do say so. 

Wednesday:
Worked, ran errands for our St. Patrick's Day party, had dinner at my parents, ran more errands, and caught up on sleep.

Thursday:
I put in some volunteer time at Lifeline (a local Christian crisis pregnancy center), worked, and then raced home to get stuff ready for our party. We decided to do something long overdue; invite all of our neighbors over (we've only lived here going on 5 years....sheesh.). St. Patrick's Day seemed to be the perfect occasion, and we ended up having a great turnout and got to know some of our neighbor folk, some of them being quite colorful characters. It was fun, and hopefully opened up some doors and dialog for the future.






Friday:
Got a much needed massage from a friend (ahhh), ran errands, went to work, and came home and started baking for a cake I had due the next day. Caleb went to a concert that night, and I enjoyed my first quiet evening at home in what seems like forever! I took a bath.

Saturday:
 Actually slept in! =) Finished my cake, went to a birthday party, came home and worked on some stuff for the wedding I'm doing in the summer, and then tried to catch up on my book club book until I fell quite dead asleep.

Sunday:
Enjoyed worship in the morning, had a late lunch with some new friends, and came home for a quiet evening. Just the kind of day you want your Sabbath to be.

So all in all, a wonderful week. We'll see if I can keep up with this next one though.......

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That was quite a week. You are a mighty blessing and I'm proud of you:) Cute cake.
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete